The European Ecolabel distinguishes products that meet high standards of both performance and environmental quality. Every product awarded the European Ecolabel must pass rigorous environmental fitness trials, with results verified by an independent body.
Other environmental labels cover specific environmental concerns such as recyclability or energy efficiency, but the Flower of the European Ecolabel stands for low environmental impacts throughout a product’s life cycle - from manufacturing to disposal. Consumers can find it across the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
- Detergents must break down into harmless substances once they enter the environment.
- The products must come in a minimal amount of packaging, thus taking up less space in the landfill.
- Detergents must come with guidelines for safe handling and use.
- Recommendations on the label instruct the consumer about how to use the correct amount of detergent for the job in hand.
- All-purpose cleaners must have instructions for diluting the detergent effectively to clean practically any washable surface.
Cleaning products all contain cleaning agents that help to strip away grime. After being flushed down the drain, many detergents cause undue harm to nature. By contrast, cleaning products with the European Ecolabel do the same job while causing minimal environmental harm.
Original price £3.50Current price (excludes VAT 20%) £2.45
Ecological - Daily use toilet cleaner. Ready to use with a fresh scent. Cleans all toilets and urinals. Safe on Stainless Steel. Use on al...View full detailsOriginal price £3.50Current price (excludes VAT 20%) £2.45Sale