HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY DOCUMENT
This will involve:
- Identifying significant risks arising from work activity.
- Identifying and prioritising control measures to be taken to comply with the relevant statutory provisions.
- Ensuring all relevant hazards and risks are addressed.
- Ensuring all groups of employees and others who might be affected, are considered and informed of the risks.
- Identifying groups of workers that might be particularly at risk.
- Taking account of existing preventative or precautionary measures following the control hierarchy in all cases i.e. Eliminate, Reduce, Isolate, Control, PPE and Discipline.
The Risk Assessments will be used positively by the company to change working procedures, support and develop competence, and improve Health and Safety throughout Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd (BHS Ltd).
This policy document and associated procedures set the minimum Health and Safety standards to which all Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd staff, visitors, contractors, and subcontractors will operate. The policy supplements our Health and Safety Management process documentation and sets a framework for the establishment of a safe method of work and successful health and safety culture throughout Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd. It outlines the responsibilities and arrangements for ensuring Health and Safety at work.
It is the intention of Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd to adopt the ‘highest minimum legal standards’ as a baseline requirement for Health and Safety throughout the organisation. Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd will endeavour to work to industry best practice and ACOPs.
This policy will be reviewed annually, and supplementary information distributed to all employees. Suggestions for inclusion, corrections and revisions for future editions of this policy should be forward to the organisations Director.
Health & Safety Management process:
The organisation’s approach in accordance with HSG65 and current regulations to manage all aspects of Health & Safety, providing a systematic identification of hazards to control risk at source, and maintain these controls in all areas of operation.
An unplanned event regardless of whether it results in harm, injury, damage, loss, casualty or mishap.
An event which is specified in the legal statutory instrument of the country of operation and is of such a nature that its occurrence is significant in terms of risk to health and safety or is indicative of unsafe conditions/behavior having occurred.
An Incident in respect of which there is no resultant injury or damage, but where there was potential for injury or damage to result.
4 HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our Employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by their undertakings, and to comply with all the relevant legislation.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd, we will be committed to:
- Ensuring that there are arrangements put into place for the effective planning, development and review of this health, safety & environmental policy;
- Ensuring that the appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of the health and safety matters throughout the organisation;
- Complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programs, collective agreements on health and safety as well as other requirements applicable to our activities including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services;
- give satisfaction to all our customers, other stakeholders and interested parties whenever possible, meeting and exceeding their expectations;
- facilitate the reduction of hazards, prevention of injury, ill health, protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution, sustainable resource use, climate change mitigation and adaptation, the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems and any other specific commitments which are relevant to the context of the organisation;
- Ensuring that employees and their representatives are consulted and encouraged to participate actively in all elements of Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd’s Health and Safety Management System;
- Continually improving the performance of the organisation’s Health and Safety Management System;
- Provide the necessary information, instruction and training and supervision to all Employees to ensure their compliance with respect to health and safety;
- Devote the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personal and time to ensure the health and safety of employees, visitors and 3rd party contractors. Expert help will be sought where necessary skills are not available within the Business;
- Liaise and work with all necessary persons to ensure health and safety and will also ensure that adequate arrangements are also in place for ensuring the health and safety of visitors.
Customer service is an essential part of the organisation’s Quality, H&S and Environmental processes and to ensure this is fulfilled, all employees receive training to ensure awareness and understanding of quality, health and safety and the environment; its impact on customer service and of the products or service in which we provide.
We recognise that safety is the responsibility of everyone and is not just a function of management. At Brilliant Hygiene Services Ltd, employees will have specific duties and responsibilities to take responsible care of themselves and others that could be affected by their activities and to co-operate to achieve the standards required.
The organisation will in consultation with our employees and their representatives set out in writing a commitment to ensuring that our health, safety and environmental policy will be:
- Specific to the Business and appropriate to the nature of activities;
- Concise, clearly written, dated and made effective by the signature of the Proprietor;
- Communicated and readily accessible to all persons at their place of work;
- Reviewed for continuing suitability; and
- Made available to relevant external interested parties, as appropriate.
Ian J. Campbell